Complaint Review: AT&T

• Submitted: Sat, March 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 02, 2008

• Reported By:Lantana Florida
AT&T
San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

AT&TAT&T Triple Play is Huge Ripoff San ntonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: How Do You Think?

Late last month I signed up for the Triple deal from ATT advertised so heavily on TV. The three services, Direct TV, land line phone, and DSL internet services were to cost $99. I added on a couple more TV boxes and upgraded the speed of the DSL. They quoted me$152 per month, including fees and taxes. Like a dummy, I went for it. They flat out lied to me. The bills came in at $90 and change for the TV and $148 for the phone/internet. I called them up to inquire about the discrepancy. I was informed that they could not possibly provide all those services for the $152 I was quoted. They also charged me for the extreme DSL, which I later found is not even available in my area. They neglected to tell me that I had to pay for the cable boxes, which amounted to a total of $300. I had to pay this up front. They told me I would have to agree to a contract for 18 months with Direct TV. I looked at the contract while the installer was here, (10pm at night) and it is actually a two year contract. I am now stuck with this. As soon as I can arrange for a dependable land phone line without ATT's name on it, I am going to drop the phone service and internet immediately. I urge unsuspecting consumers to get something in writing from ATT with the monthly billing charges in writing before agreeing to anything at their front door or over the phone.

Late last year I was also signed up for DSL without my permission by two young people wearing ATT shirts who came knocking on the door offering to bundle services. I declined. They signed me up anyway. I am surprised that a company as big and well known as ATT has stooped to such unscrupulous business practices. Triple Play should have been called Triple PAY.

Valerie
Lantana, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/San-Antonio-Texas-33462/ATTATT-Triple-Play-is-Huge-Ripoff-San-ntonio-Texas-313684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T

How Do You Think?

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

That with the economy going down the tubes, AT&T has managed to increase business by SIXTY EIGHT PERCENT? I had that same fight with AT&T about them overcharging me on a quoted price by about 50%. The only problem for them was they had faxed me a quote and I had it in writting, so they had to refund the overcharges. Oh and by the way. Don't forget to watch your AT&T phone bills for an unauthorized added charge by a company called ILD. Been fighting with them forb the last 3 months to get it refunded and canceled. Cancelled ILD in Jan. Got Feb's bill with a refund for Dec and Jan AND ILD had billed me for Feb.

Called AT&T and the first rep was a bitch. E-mailed 'em and told them that if it didn't get taken care of in one week, I was gonna cancel AT&T at both the house and the office. It was amazing. I got THREE e-mails AND THREE phone calls that very day guaranting me IT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. We'll see. The gentleman was very nice and left me his personal number, IF I should have anymore problems from ILD.