Complaint Review: AT&T

• Updated: Thu, October 24, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — West Lafayette Indiana
AT&T
P.O. Box 6416, Carol Stream, IL 60197 , Select State/Province USA

AT&T Reset my contracts for a replacement phone to solve their technical problem Carol Stream IL

I have five phones with AT&T and had problems with two of them reaching the internet for five weeks.  I tried everything they suggested, including trying four new phones, going through their troubleshooting 28 times, going to their store, filing a high level support report.  The phone finally was fixed although they did not know what fixed it.

I recently called them to find out when my phones were out of contract and when they gave me the dates, they were all in the end of 2014 or 2015.  Come to find out that they reset my contract as a result of them sending me phones to fix their technical problems.  This is funny because the phones we had were Samsung 4Ss and they had come out only about three months earlier.  So, needless to say, I was not looking for a new phone, only for one that was able to get internet.  They continued to insist on sending me different phones, finally they sent one Apple that immediately solved the problem, but I ended up with a Motorola Matrix, which I did not like as much as my Samsung.  Well, needless to say, I dom not think it is fair that they reset my contract because I did not ask for a new phone, they sent it to solve a problem they did not know how to fix.  Now I have a phone I do not like and my contract is out almost 2 years.  Not to mention that my bill keeps going up $10 a month and they added an illegal fee (administration fee) back in May.  Per the law, they may only add government required fees to your account, which the admistrative fee is not.  When I called to find out why my bill keeps going up, I spoke with a Supervisor, Jan Watson, who told me they reset my contract because I received a phone.  When I told her they sent it to try and fix my problem, she said, "Why did you approve the contract."  Well, as anyone who has a phone from AT&T knows, the phone will not work without being activated by agreeing to the contract.  So, how do I tell if the phone is going to fix my problem without activating the phone??  I am going to get out of my contract by pursuing the added fee.  Others have done this and I was not going to until they started paying games!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Select-StateProvince/ATT-Reset-my-contracts-for-a-replacement-phone-to-solve-their-technical-problem-Carol-St-1094399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T