Complaint Review: AT&T

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: DH303 — Travis AFB California United States of America
Travis AFB, California United States of America

AT&T Uverse scam, playing stupid, making you accountable for their responsibilities Travis AFB, California

Signed up for AT&T Uverse service at the same time of buying DISH TV service.  DISH arrived first to rip me off with their charges for installation from a separate company called goDISH!, so I pumped my brakes on getting in to contracts with any more corporate d****e bags.
Equipment from AT&T arrived, but I called to cancel immediately.  Went to the UPS shipping office on base & had the box shipped back to them, which AT&T paid for.
Received bills a month later for $175+ although I never received a lick of service from them or installed anything.  OK they said, & AT&T refunded everything except for $100 for the equipment.  They claimed the equipment had no record of being shipped back so until I could provide tracking information on the package they paid to ship, I was going to be billed $100.
Next monday went to UPS office that shipped it, clerk brought up the info & printed it out for me within 15 seconds.  He said this is a scam that AT&T & DISH TV do all the time to people even though it is their responsibility to update their records when they receive equipment.
Sure enough, had the date/time/person who signed for my equipment at AT&T on the receipt but when I called, AT&T played stupid until I shoved tracking info up their arse.  Phone reps had nothing to say when I called their company out on this bogus trickery, beware of them & avoid.  Will gladyly give my $ to virgin mobile pay as you go services that are up front about everything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Travis-AFB-California-94535/ATT-Uverse-scam-playing-stupid-making-you-accountable-for-their-responsibilities-Travis-996969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T