Complaint Review: AT&T

• Reported By: Sless — Appleton Wisconsin USA
AT&T
PO Box 5080 Internet United States of America

AT&T AT&T Fraudulent DSL Billing Internet

I signed up for AT&T DSL service via their website on 05/31/11 during the order process I selected self installation and that I already had an existing AT&T compatible DSL modem. My online order clearly states that there would be no equipment fee or installation fee. On 06/02/11 an AT&T installation employee arrived at my home, when he informed me that he was there to setup and test my AT&T DSL service I told him that was really nice of AT&T to send someone out to install service for me even though I had selected self installation. When I asked if there was a fee for him coming out he said no there is no fee. After he was done setting up service he gave me a service summary that clearly states no fees or charges which we both signed. Shortly after that I had made several advance payments on my account so I had a positive credit on the account for upcoming months. In August I received a bill showing a $120 dollar installation fee on my account. I called in to AT&T several times regarding this issue and every time I was promise the issue would be resolved except today 09/30/11 when they told me they would not issue the credit. I was transferred to retention to cancel my service because they would rather lose a customer than credit the incorrect charge. I asked several times for an email, fax number, mailing address where I could send the documents proving I was right. I kept my original order confirmation from AT&Ts website, the installers work order, and all of my bills so I could prove to them that I never asked for installation or approved any additional charges for installation. Not once would anyone provide this to me so I could dispute the charges and remain a customer.

Without question the worst customer experience I have ever had!
Dates called in to dispute bill: 8/29, 8/31, 9/9, 9/13, 9/21, 9/30

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2011 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/internet/ATT-ATT-Fraudulent-DSL-Billing-Internet-783265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T