Complaint Review: ATT

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Starvros — delray beach Florida
ATT

ATT AT&T U-verse ATT U-verse not the greatest customer service , Internet

*Author of original report: Maybe....

*Author of original report: UPDATE 2.....

*Author of original report: UPDATE

Not sure this is a ripoff really but I still pay my bill to them and meet my commitments to them, yet they are failing me.

On Monday morning my internet went out and I did all the usual like reset my PC and reset the WIFI and checked all the connections etc. I thought I had it because it did say on my PC I had internet access again but that I needed to call ATT.

To make a long story not as long after listening to all the recorded messages on what to do and being disconnected (well it is ATT lol) several times and following all the directions I finally got a human on the phone and after a while the rep determined I have a bad ATT WIFI unit.

So can they send someone out that day or the next?  NO.....they can only send me a new unit I have to install myself and it will be here by Sunday at the latest.  6 days without TV or internet? Granted I still have some internet access such as I used to report this using my business aircard it is limited to 5G per month so I can't use it for TV or downloading much.

Now is it just me or is there something wrong when a huge "reputable" company like ATT can't replace a defective product for 6 days? I take care of my customers a lot faster then that as when you provide a service someone is paying you for...it would be nice if you actually get service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/internet/ATT-ATT-U-verse-ATT-U-verse-not-the-greatest-customer-service-Internet-1040783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT

Maybe....

AUTHOR: Starvros - ()

...one option is STOP DEEP FRYING. You might squeeze another year or 2 out of your pathetic life.

UPDATE 2.....

AUTHOR: Starvros - ()

I called to tell them my internet started working again and they suggested I refuse delivery of the replacment unit, which I did. The replacment arrived on the following Tuesday which means I would have been without service for NINE days had thier unit not "fixed" itself.

That is unacceptable. I was not under contract so I sold the U-verse unit on ebay and switched to Comcast. Hopefully they will provide better service as to get the best deal I locked into a 3 year contract. Wish me luck.

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Starvros - ()

It works now. I guess I need to call them again and let them know it fixed itself in 4 days somehow.