Complaint Review: AT&T

• Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By: hv3 — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
AT&T

AT&T ATT Wireless RIP OFF CANADA DATA PLAN, Internet

ATT set me up for a Canada Data plan, on my iphone after billing me $350 for one day of usage.  The new plan was suppose to cover me for 4 days - knowing that I was recently taking another trip to Montreal.  I was very careful to keep data roaming off, to use WIFI at every chance I had, and to NOT use my iphone.  ( I find that crazy that ATT in the business of selling wireless phone service encourages customers not to use the phone by charging such outrageous amount ) then when I got back to the states they had shut off my data service forced me to call into the support number and told me my overage was $850.

I complained and carried on, and the best the manager would do was allow me to subscribe to a $200 a month ad on plan that would cover my useage.  I told them $200 is still to much.  My total bill for unlimited US data is $69.99 my bill with me and my wife's iphone is typically $250 a month - which I consider a rip off, but to charge another $200 a month for data service in Canada - this company is really bad.

Of course if I remember to cancel the $200 data plan I will only have to pay for it for one month, but if I dont remember to cancel then - well I get to have a plan I dont need until I remember to cancel it.  Watch out for these tricks and tactics.  Oh yes the customer service guys - must get hammered with irate customers regarding this because they are totally rude and trained to shut you right down.

How can they run a business that negotiates the prices - the first time they reduced it from $350 to $25 and this time they reduced it from $850 to $200 - which is still OUTRAGEOUS?   Im sure they dont care.  They have a plan to rip customers off forever, because they have a monopoly on the IPhone just like they use to have a monopoly on all phones.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2010 01:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/internet/ATT-ATT-Wireless-RIP-OFF-CANADA-DATA-PLAN-Internet-649683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T