Complaint Review: AT&T

• Submitted: Wed, December 23, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 23, 2009

• Reported By: Nth Degree — Sevierville Tennessee United States of America
AT&T

AT&T Aka Bellsouth - Cingular Did not refund deposit billed to my credit card via online order. Internet

Its is exactly 28 days after ordering internet services via online application on AT&T's website, a charge of $50 for a deposit was done immediately on my Visa Card. I cancelled 10 days later after going through several different people/departments at AT&T to understand that my deposit (done by Visa Card) was not enough (there was a previous bill not paid under Bellsouth) thus I cancelled the service stating that your online applications said nothing of previous bills or the possibility of owing more. After talking to several more people/departments I was told my deposit of $50 would be refunded in 7-10 days back to my Visa Card.  Another 12 days later I have still not received a refund to my Visa Card and upon calling AT&T again, I was told (after talking to 6 different people/departments) that a form had to be filled out to Accounts Receivable and a check would be mailed out in 2-3 weeks.  According to this last customer service representative, "a deposit usually goes towards any unpaid bills upon cancellation". I was never told that when I cancelled back 12 days ago - I was told I would receive a refund as it was taken as a deposit.   AT&T was a good company until they got too big for their britches and bought out Cingular and Bellsouth.  Now they just bite and so did Bellsouth!  I thought we were past all these big companies owning more than they should. Where is AT&T/Bellsouth's competition?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2009 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/internet/ATT-Aka-Bellsouth-Cingular-Did-not-refund-deposit-billed-to-my-credit-card-via-online-o-544493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T