Complaint Review: AT&T

AT&T
Internet USA

AT&T The price they give you can double the 2nd month Internet

*Consumer Comment: Re: AT&T

When my contract was ready to expire I called to cancel my service because I could get a much cheaper plan from another provider. It would have been a little over $300 for the plan I wanted but they transfered me to the "Save" department.(read save as liar) They gave me the plan I wanted for $165 which was what I was going to get from the other carrier. The 2nd month the bill was $285. When I called and explained the situation they basically told me "tough luck" I said we have a contract so you have to honor it. Not so, the contract only protects ATT. It gives the length of the contract and tells you if you cancel you will be charged a large amount, $700 in my case. They made no apology for lying to me and told me my only recourse was to cancel and pay the $700. The bottom line is with ATT, look up their prices on their website and expect to pay that amount no matter what they say on the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/internet/ATampT-The-price-they-give-you-can-double-the-2nd-month-Internet-1064631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T

Re: AT&T

AUTHOR: C.F.J. - ()

I received a second notice about at&t "upgrading" my dsl to u-verse at my office for the same price and at no charge plus a $50 VISA gift card. So I call in to find out about it. Come to find out it's going to cost me at least $30 more per month because they no longer offer what I have. WHY in the world would I change over to something that is going to COST ME 30% MORE????