Complaint Review: AT&T

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: armydoc — Ontario California United States of America
AT&T
Nationwide United States of America

AT&T AT&T allowed someone to change my cell phone account information and add 5 phones to my account.They refuse to give me any information on where this happened, meanwhile he has my home address and phon nationwide, Nationwide

On 18 December 2012 I called my wife, she said that the name coming up on her phone screen was Richard Paulino, which is not my name. She logged on to AT&T web site and seen the name and email address was changed on the account. She called AT&T and said all the information was confirmed and changed. My wife and I had to go into a local store and present 1 ID, although I started the account, it was changed by this crook and I wasn't even on the account, he also used a Bronx NY as a change of address, I live in California. The new numbers were 909 area codes, of course AT&T ignored this when he added 5 more line and a package upgrade. I was not notified until the next day via email that was a follow up to a phone conversation he had with a customer service rep. I asked to have my account cancelled and they said there would be a early Termination fee. They accepted no responsibility and also said that's all they could do. When I asked where this occurred they said they couldn't give me that information, so this guy got all my personal information and now they are protecting him. That's not right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/nationwide/ATT-ATT-allowed-someone-to-change-my-cell-phone-account-information-and-add-5-phones-to-984901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T