Complaint Review: AT&T

• Submitted: Fri, July 18, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, July 18, 2014

• Reported By: rywes — Bothell Washington
Nationwide USA

AT&T False Advertising / Inaccurate Billing Advertise and quote 4 phone lines for $160. Said additional lines for $15 per line. Charging me $40 per line. They claim lines needed to be added prior to February, yet even on my current bill they advertise this special. Misleading and fraudulent. Nationwide

AT&T advertises 4 lines for $160.  They say you can add additional lines for $15 per line.

I've been a long time customer and am on a share line.  I added 2 additional lines recently.  They are charging me $40 per new line.  When I called, they said the lines needed to be added before February.  Even my current bill advertises this special.  Misleading and fraudulent advertising.  Now I am locked into a 2-year contract with AT&T.  I can't get away from them fast enough.  After 10 plus years with AT&T, I can't wait to cancel.  The customer service rep was "sorry for the inconvenience."  This is not an inconvenience.  It is unlawful and false advertising.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2014 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/nationwide/ATT-False-Advertising-Inaccurate-Billing-Advertise-and-quote-4-phone-lines-for-160-1163234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T