Complaint Review: AT&T

• Reported By:
AT&T
Nationwide U.S.A.

AT&T Scam

I have a fradulet $169.00 3-way call to Jordan that was billed to my home from a payphone. The final person I talked to at AT&T stated that they would have needed a verbal approval from my home number, and as I live alone, that was never given. He told me that only with a subpoena they would release the information on the approval.

However, the previous customer service person told me that AT&T will let people make a 3rd party call to your number if your answering machine picks up and doesn't say a name, as the operator cannot disprove the charge. My answering message was the default pacbell message "please leave a message at the tone"

My frustration is not in being scammed, but in the fact that AT&T let it happen and gives me no access to information short of a legal action.

Anybody else have this happen?...

thanks,

- R

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/nationwide/ATT-Scam-2559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T