Complaint Review: AT&T

• Reported By: J.H. — Bar Nunn Wyoming
AT&T
Nationwide United States of America

AT&T Unlimited Messaging Fraud Dallas, Nationwide

This is a letter I sent to the Wyoming Attorney Generaland describes the fraudulent charges and deceptive business practices of AT&T.

To Whom It May Concern:

I started services with AT&T on or about 6-23-2012.  My  services include specific paid plans for all 3 of the mobile phone lines I have with AT&T these plans are:

Family Talk Nation 700 with rollover for $45.60 first line and $9.99 each additional line. (I have 3 lines so I pay $65.58)

Family Messaging Unlimited with mobile to any mobile calling $30.00

DataPro 3GB For Smartphone $30.00 a month, only 2 of my phones are smartphones and the other is a regular phone so I pay $60

Here is the problem I have tried to resolve with AT&T over 10 times. As I show above I pay $30 for the unlimited Family Messaging plan of course not including taxes. Every month since I started service with ATT they have charged me a $2.00 charge for exactly 1MB of data usage on the only phone I don't carry a data plan.

I am being told by the ATT reps that the $2 charge is because I don't carry a data plan on that phone and when we send picture messages we are charged this $2 fee on the line.  This is a fraudulent charge because unlimited picture and text messages are covered under the $30 family unlimited messaging charge, also this charge is not represented in the contract or plan documents.

I am being told my only options are to either pay to add a data plan to my non- smartphone, or put a data block on so we can't send picture messages which I already pay for. This is a deceptive business practice.

I have also been lied to and told many other reasons for this erroneous charge which results in only 1MB of data being used every month such as we hit the internet button on accident 1 time every month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2013 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/nationwide/ATT-Unlimited-Messaging-Fraud-Dallas-Nationwide-1043240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T