Complaint Review: AT&T

• Reported By: KRISTINA — BASTROP Texas
AT&T
Nationwide USA

AT&T AT&T ALLOWS RECORDS TO BE ACCESSED AND ID THEFT TO OCCUR Nationwide

I have disclosed my identification information to very few companies.  i normally pay with cash or use the one black master card I own (virtually no limit is placed on the card)   I have been an AT&T customer since party lines were popular and deceided to bundle my phone,internet,cell phone,sat tv together into one bill recently.   I went into my local AT&T store to arrange for a new cell and after my sprint cell was disconected by the store I was told I had an outstanding land line bill for $265.  Since I was going into the VA for surgery I needed the AT&T cell turned on; thus, I paid the outstanding bill.   After my recovery from the surgery I contacted the Transunion and discovered a address in Austin Tx on my report as well as the entry for the over due land line bill     I contacted AT&T and explained the problem with the bill error and was sent to the fraud department   I filled out all of their paperwork, filed a Fraud report with FTC and my local police.  The error was removed quickly from my credit reports and i was told vrom the AT&T data base    I was told some how my information was stolen by someone and a land line was opened in  Austin under my name   I never received the bill becaus it went to Bartin Creek Blvd in Austin     I told AT&T that they were the only company that had my information that was used to open an account with them and requested information as to why this was allowed to happen    I was told the company is so large that not all of their employees can be monitored!!   I have asked for a refund of the $265  and was told my case was sent to corporate - what ever that means    Someone called me from "corporate"  and told me the problem was my lose and from this day forward I would have to prove who I was upon purchasing any item from them because of the late payment issue I complained about     I am very disappointed with AT&T and I am waiting for sat coverage to expand to my area so I can move to another provider

AT&T is not the MA bell I grew up with   It seems everyone u talk to can't understand what u are saying because they speak very little english themselves

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2014 10:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/nationwide/ATampT-ATampT-ALLOWS-RECORDS-TO-BE-ACCESSED-AND-ID-THEFT-TO-OCCUR-Nationwide-1143119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T