Complaint Review: ATT/Bellsouth

• Submitted: Thu, June 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 25, 2009

• Reported By:Valdosta Georgia
ATT/Bellsouth
att.net Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

ATT/Bellsouth - Scam From Purported ATT Somebody is trying to sell phones by using ATT logo Atlanta Georgia

I received an email, purporting to be ATT/Bellsouth, telling me that my bellsouth.net account would be terminated if I didn't update my name, email addy and password. I have spoken to ATT and have discovered that this is a scam. I was advised to never send out such information in an email. The whole point of the email that I received was to sell bogus cell phones. The logo looks real, but this is a scam.

Patricia
Valdosta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATTBellsouth/Atlanta-Georgia/ATTBellsouth-Scam-From-Purported-ATT-Somebody-is-trying-to-sell-phones-by-using-ATT-log-464879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT/Bellsouth