Complaint Review: ATT/Bellsouth

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2008

• Reported By:Conyers Georgia
ATT/Bellsouth
www.att.com , Georgia U.S.A.

ATT/Bellsouth merger & their rippoff scam Atlanta Georgia

I have been a customer of ATT for the last 8 years, and recently they merged or bought Bellsouth (as they've advertised). I hate Bellsouth because their customer service and they can never seem to get their billing correct. I just found out today, that I was switch over to formerly Bellsouth the new ATT since November 13. Well if ATT & Bellsouth is the same company, why have I been receiving separate bills from the old & the new ATT from since Nov., and to make matters worse, I have been paying the old ATT, because I was not informed of any changes plus I was receiving statements from the old ATT, today I received a disconnect letter from ATT stating that I'm past due and I must remit payment immediately to avoid been disconnected. I didn't understand how that was possible, because not only did I make a payment last month, I had just made another payment a couple of days ago. I called the number on the disconnect letter, and they're telling that I'm 2mths past due, I'm yelling at the CS because I'm trying to explain to her that it's impossible because I've made 2 payment within the last 4 weeks. After a 1 hour a 24 minutes of transferring from the old ATT & the new ATT, it was finally confirmed that ATT owed me over $400. Can you believe that they were still requesting that I pay the new ATT bill. If they are one company why do they have different billing info and remit to information, as well as the charges were different between both ATT.
Outrageous!

D-nice
Conyers, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2008 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATTBellsouth/Georgia/ATTBellsouth-merger-their-rippoff-scam-Atlanta-Georgia-301328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT/Bellsouth