Complaint Review: ATT/Cingular Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, April 22, 2010

• Reported By: Airbrush_man — Palmdale California U.S.A.
ATT/Cingular Wireless
Nationwide United States of America

ATT/Cingular Wireless Charge after cancel! Internet, Nationwide

I had problems with them for years, each month they seemed to have to credit me something because of over charging.
It started with MERGING Services...WHAT A SCAM@!!!
First of all, I got internet, cell and home service all through ATT but kept getting seprate bills because the company is having trouble merging everything together. SO MUCH FOR ONE LOW BILL.

After THREE years with these people I cancelled, however I upgraded for free phones so I had to get into another 2 year contract.  Okay, I stopped driving a truck and cancelled my cell phones, agreeing to pay the early term fee because I couldn't afford the cell service anymore.
They charged me EVERY MONTH for cell phones that had been turned off!!
I paid $100 every month for 6 months to keep my home phone on, but they kept charging me over $250 a month for cellular service!!
Each month I called and told them I cancelled the cell phones, both phones are turned off and the screen even says 'looking for service' because they are deactiviated.
They KEPT CHARGING ME
The bill is 1800!!!!!  I refuse to pay, they can pound sand, how can I be expected to pay for something I never used???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2010 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATTCingular-Wireless/nationwide/ATTCingular-Wireless-Charge-after-cancel-Internet-Nationwide-595450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT/Cingular Wireless