Complaint Review: ATT/DISH NETWORK

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 12, 2009

• Reported By:Bakersfield California
.att.com/dish Bakersfield, California U.S.A.

ATT/DISH NETWORK Charge Early Termination Fee, I am still a client Bakersfield California

I subscribe to dish network via ATT combined billing, I looked at my Jan bill and found I was charged an Early Termination fee from Dish network on Dec 9th for 250.00. I called dish and was told because I changed my programming package, I termed and now was liable for this fee.

This is hogwash, I have never termed, and still have DISH, for over 2 years 6 months and 6 days. I am well over my contract. Per the residential agreement, You may change your programming at any time by notify DISH, a fee may apply if you fail to subscribe to one of DISH's basic programming packages, I subscribe to the Top 250, well over basic. AND, I have for over 2 years. Per their website, the Change of Service Fee is only $5.00, this does not explain what the rep told me about why I was charged the term fee for changing my package.

I am still fighing to get my money and they have taken away channels plus are increasing their fees on their boxes. I am livid. AT&T will not help even though this is billed under their umbrella, my daughter had a horrible experience with DISH and ATT when switching to U-Verse, dish did not shut off for two months, and she called them the day before the u-verse install to confirm the term, they billed her for two more months, and she has yet to get them to send her boxes to send back their equipment, which they will prob. send her a bill for. I HATE DISH. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT FALSE AND LIARS.

Melissa g
Bakersfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATTDISH-NETWORK/Bakersfield-California-93308/ATTDISH-NETWORK-Charge-Early-Termination-Fee-I-am-still-a-client-Bakersfield-California-411252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT/DISH NETWORK