Complaint Review: AT&T/Uverse

• Reported By: shooter2013 — La Porte Indiana
AT&T/Uverse
Indianapolis, Indiana USA

AT&T/Uverse AT&T/Uverse-worst company i've ever dealt with Indianapolis Indiana

I was living in Indianapolis, and had previously been signed up with Comcast until some solicitors from AT&T came to my door and looked at my service, promising additional features for the same price I was paying Comcast. HUGE MISTAKE switching on my part.

First, the salesman named Kester was a liar. He showed me a huge list of all the channels I would get, which wasn't accurate. Several of them were missing. I was particularly interested in the HBO package, and asked him about that to make sure it was part of the deal, and he insisted it was. From the moment I had everything installed around May 2012, it's been nothing but problems with this company.

First, there was no HBO package. When I called customer service, the best they could do was add it for a couple of months through a promotion. No big deal, until my cable and internet continued to cut in and out of service constantly. This went on for nearly all of the time I used them, which was from May-November of 2012. It would work about half of the time, which made my DVR obsolete. I had 3 different techs come and check it out, and nobody could figure it out until the last guy noticed that a screw was loose on the pole my wires were going through. They only managed to discover this weeks before I was moving, and of course there would be no sort of refund.

During this time I also had asked on two seperate occasions for my auto-pay to be stopped so that I could have an extra week to pay. I was promised both times that it would be no problem, and both times my bank account was charged anyway.

Another stupid part of their service is that you're required to return your own equipment, and have to do it through a UPS store. When I moved, I called and asked how long I had to return it, and the very rude customer service rep said 90 days before hanging up on me. Sure enough, the next billing period I get charged for the equipment, in the amount of $258. When I called customer service again, the "manager" said I had only had 30 days to return the equipment. I asked if she could pull the recorded phone call where I was given inaccurate information, and she said no. She did say that I would be refunded in full if I returned the equipment that day. I had to drive 40 minutes away to the nearest UPS store to do so. As soon as I did, I called them and asked when I'd get my money. I was told my account that was drafted from would be refunded within 30 days.

Once that time passed, I called again and was told that my refund would in fact be a check, which was sent to my previous address. I provided a new address, and asked that it be sent there. It's been 3 1/2 months and counting, I've called and had to provide the correct address 5 more times. Each time they promise that it will be sent this time, and I still haven't received anything. Even worse, nobody ever calls to notify me of anything.

Avoid this service at all costs. If you have Comcast or DirecTV, stick with them. What these companies won't tell you is that they're all capable of lowering their prices through various promotions, so if AT&T tries to scam you like they're so much cheaper, just call your current provider and let them know what you're being offered. Not to mention, even after I signed up with AT&T, I was still being solicited by their salesmen on a regular basis.

My only hope with this is that someone who is mulling using Uverse will see this and decide otherwise so that it costs them some business because they've been as awful a company as I could have asked for in any service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2013 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATTUverse/Indianapolis-Indiana/ATampTUverse-ATampTUverse-worst-company-ive-ever-dealt-with-Indianapolis-Indiana-1051349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T/Uverse