Complaint Review: AUM Inc

AUM Inc
2211 York Rd Oakbrook, Illinois United States of America

AUM Inc AUM = SCAMMERS - BEWARE Oakbrook, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Consider a complaint to the City

It took AUM two months to send a bill.  Once I called them out on it, they were quick to remove the 7.00 late fee but I had to pay the service fee of 7.50 to pay online.  I have been living in this apartment for 10 months and I have only received 3 bills.  It seems they send them out every other month to get you with the late fee as well as my apartment complex has sent 2 notices in the past, saying I am breaking the terms of my lease.  I have been calling and calling AUM and I'm either told a manager isn't available but they will call me, which the never do. Or if I get a manager, they push it off on the complex itself. One manager said "we must have the wrong address on file".  How is that possible?

Well today I reached my breaking point.  I checked my mail, which I do at least every other day if not daily and there was a bill that was due today.  Once I get to my apartment door I have a termination of tenancy notice due to non payment.  I am not a lawyer but this notice says I have to move out within 10 days.  Please know I am, or at least consider myself to be a great tenant.  I pay all of my bills on time, never complain nor have I ever received a complaint as well as I just talked to a leasing agent about upgrading to a larger apartment once my lease is up in December.  So I am lead to believe all of this is taking place due to AUM.

This has to stop.  They have numerous complaints about the same issue that I've experienced and now I am at risk of having my lease terminated.  Believe me I will be at the leasing office first thing in the morning with all of my call logs and outcomes when dealing with AUM so I am confident, or I hope at least, the manager will take the time to review everything closely.

Please please please help stop these crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUM-Inc/Oakbrook-Illinois-60523/AUM-Inc-AUM-SCAMMERS-BEWARE-Oakbrook-Illinois-962941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUM Inc

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Consider a complaint to the City

AUTHOR: Annoyed consumer - (USA)

No way to know what City you are in but in Panama City Beach residents of Stone Harbor Apts complained about high bills from AUM and the apartment complex managed by Concord Management Ltd of Maitland, Fla and the Council ended up passing an ordnance limiting what could be added on to the bills by a 3rd party billing firm.  Take a look at:  http://aumsucks.blogspot.com for info on this aspect of dealing with AUM and also other info.

Having dealt with them myself in getting bills I can say that there is no easy way to communicate with them, those who answer the phone in customer non-service are unhelpful and asking for a supervisor is also pretty much a waste of time.  The BBB keeps giving them good ratings despite 113 complaints in 36 months but you might still try the BBB it might get their attention.

Here is the email address of their Exec VP and General Counsel jpeterson@aum-inc.com drop him a line with your complaint.

dollar