• Report: #1062067

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Jason — Hillsboro Oregon
AUM
P.O. Box 4957 Oak Brook, Illinois USA

AUM AUM charged me for months of their mistake and are refusing to talk to me over the phone about it! Oak Brook Illinois

One year ago AUM took over as the company for water, sewage, and trash usage for my apartment complex Rock Creek Landing in Hillsboro, OR. I paid my bill on time every month and never had any issues with them. However just recently I received a statement from them claiming that they "AUM" screwed up on their end of paperwork and somehow recorded our square footage of our apartment incorrectly. I had NO PART in this and my apartment complex had no part in this.

It was quite simply their error. So AUM than decided to bill me the difference for all the past months in a lump sum charge of $102.92. No warning, no lets stretch the bill out and work out payments, just a lump sum charge that is now due and required so my lease stays in good standing. This is the equivalent of going to a restaurant 2 nights a month and ordering steak. Several months later after doing this for all those months the manager comes out and says "Sir, we are sorry but it appears we made a mistake when we charged you all those past times for dinner. You now owe us the difference for all those months" NO MANAGER OR SELF RESPECTING RESTAURANT WOULD DO THAT. They apologize, fix their mistake and eat the loss. However AUM seems to think they are entitled to this. They are not. The fact that they can get away with this extremely shady business practice is because it comes out with the rent bill and is due at the beginning of every month. If I choose not to pay the full amount I'm in breach of my lease agreement for their mistake.

I called AUM to discuss this and the 2 agents I spoke too flat out refused to discuss with me anything. They both claimed it says on my AUM bill that if there is a billing question to take it up with my leasing office. There is no such statement anywhere on my bill. When I went to the office they said it's out of their hands as this is AUM's department, which it is as they are the ones billing me for months of their mistakes.

The fact that AUM refused on 2 separate phone calls to discuss their complete incompetence is a true testament to their supremely poor customer service. I had never had a problem with them and have never bothered them. But the fact that when I do, they can't even address the issue, apologize and take the charge off because it is 100% their fault is truly a shady way to run a business. I reached out and they refused to deal with this like any self respecting company would do. Let’s see if I get some resolution this way.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUM/Oak-Brook-Illinois-60522/AUM-AUM-charged-me-for-months-of-their-mistake-and-are-refusing-to-talk-to-me-over-the-ph-1062067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUM