Complaint Review: AUTO LOAN NETWORK

• Reported By: SBaker — Howard Pennsylvania United States of America
AUTO LOAN NETWORK
Nationwide United States of America

AUTO LOAN NETWORK Personal Information Phishing Nationwide

I have been receiving phone calls from: 1-589-521-2032 several times a day for several days. They usually ask for my partner, by first and last name, but the calls come when she's not home. Sometimes the caller is female, sometimes male, but always with a foreign accent. (Maybe middle eastern/indian) Finally when they called three times within one hour this morning I had had enough. I asked the caller: "May I ask who's calling?" and immediately they assumed I was the person they asked for without my identifying myself at all. They started: "I'm calling from the Auto Loan Network, the auto loan you applied for has been approved but I'll need some information before we begin." I stopped the caller & said: "I didn't say I was that person. That person is not home now. May I take a message?" They asked when a better time to call would be, I refused to tell them and hung up.
I then called my partner at her office and let her know who had been calling. She told me she hasn't applied for any kind of loan, short-term or auto or any other kind. These people are obviously phishing for personal information!!
I tried calling the number back, but it comes up as unavailable or disconnected.
Then I tried looking it up online, but there's very little to no information available about the phone number they're calling from. The area code itself isn't even used here in the USA...So I don't know what country these calls originate from, although the international calling code +58 (which is the first couple of numbers of this call) originates from Bolivia or Venezuela!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUTO-LOAN-NETWORK/nationwide/AUTO-LOAN-NETWORK-Personal-Information-Phishing-Nationwide-527457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUTO LOAN NETWORK