Complaint Review: AUTOECU

• Submitted: Fri, December 16, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 16, 2011

• Reported By: ChuckAZ — Phoenix, Arizona United States of America
AUTOECU
212 East Washington St. Rogersville, TN Rogersville, Tennessee United States of America

AUTOECU Automotive Scientfic Inc. AUTO ECU - total scam - don't use at any cost Rogersville, Tennessee

Sent my 2002 BMW X5 ABS control module in for repair. $150 repair job quoted. AutoECU called and said my unit was not able to be repaired - but they have a reconditioned unit for $555.

I bought the unit in July and it arrived DOA. I called, sent the unit back. Several weeks later (after trying to track down my "lost" paperwork they agreed to send another unit. The new unit was worse then the first unit (and looked like a rat chewed the ABS case apart) and wasn't able to be read by the car. I called, explained the situation and they said to send it back.

After another month of calling repeatedly they said they were working on a solution and to be patient. On the 5th month of waiting I finally bought one from the dealer and the X5 was on the road in 30 minutes.

Since then I have been trying to get a refund of my $555. Yesterday I get a notice that I'm receiving a "prorated" refund of $393. I tried calling and ultimately left a message for the customer service rep demanding to know why I'm not getting a full refund.

What service did I receive for $161 that I'm not aware of?

Whatever you do please do not use this company unless you have money to blow and need to raise your blood pressure. Just not worth the aggravation.

Thanks for nothing Mike at autoecu!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUTOECU/Rogersville-Tennessee-37857/AUTOECU-Automotive-Scientfic-Inc-AUTO-ECU-total-scam-dont-use-at-any-cost-Rogersvil-810412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUTOECU