Complaint Review: AUTOZONE

• Updated: Tue, March 22, 2011

• Reported By: jcole — montgomery Alabama United States of America
AUTOZONE
Cobbs Ford Road, Prattville, Alabama United States of America

AUTOZONE did not grant my refund even though I had a receipt and and the merchandise was unused Prattville, Alabama

*Consumer Comment: $150 in gas

I purchase a car jack at the AUTOZONE in Pelman, AL and realized that I did not need because it was too small for my vehicle.  When I attempt to return the unused jack with my receipt for my refund at the Prattville, AL AUTOZONE location, the store manager told me that he not accepting returns that not purchase at his store.  He suggested that I drive 200 miles to and from Pelam to get my refund.

Now I'm basically stuck with a $140 jack that I can't use or waste another $150 in gas just to return it.  I know if I had purchased a jack from Oriley or Walmart, I would have been able to return the item at any of their locations as long as I have my receipt.  I think that AUTOZONE customer service is very unapproriate and morally wrong.  I recommend not shopping at AUTOZONE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2011 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AUTOZONE/Prattville-Alabama-36066/AUTOZONE-did-not-grant-my-refund-even-though-I-had-a-receipt-and-and-the-merchandise-was-u-708803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AUTOZONE

$150 in gas

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

What vehicle are you driving that only gets 10MPG?