Complaint Review: AVANGATE BV AMSTELVEEN

• Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: Patrick Kelly — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
AVANGATE BV AMSTELVEEN
Corporate: Redwood Shores, CA Internet United States of America

AVANGATE BV AMSTELVEEN Charging for Services not contracted for using Credit Card information never provided to them. Amsterdam, Internet

I received an alert message from my credit card company that turned out not to involve this company. However, in reviewing my statements I discovered I was being charged for updates for a software package that I never heard of. I called Avangate to discuss the matter and basically was told they are a third party providing the update service. The program supposedly provides driver updates and they charge $9.95 per month and also I have being charged since last December(Shame on Me).

I have never heard of the software program nor would I, as an individual user ever pay a monthly fee for driver updates.

In my discussion with Avangate, I told them I have every email I received since )1/01/2011. The person I spoke with told me that they have proof that they sent me emails but did not offer to provide me with this information.

I believe this is fraud and am also going to report this company to my states Attorney General.

They would not refund the fraudulent fees that I paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVANGATE-BV-AMSTELVEEN/internet/AVANGATE-BV-AMSTELVEEN-Charging-for-Services-not-contracted-for-using-Credit-Card-informa-799138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVANGATE BV AMSTELVEEN