• Report: #1019546

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Pierre-Alain — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
AVANGATE IOBit
555 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 155 Redwood City, California United States of America

AVANGATE IOBit Fraudulent Debit Card Billing Redwood City, California

*Author of original report: Fair rectification of AvangateIObit

I connected to a site (Playhive) to download a patch for a game and I had to give the number of my debit card to set an account and get a free membership for 5 days. I have printscreened the page and it is well written that no charge would occur on my card.

I checked my account just after to see that a pending amount of $29.99 had been charged. I called my bank customer service to know who was behind this. He said : Avangate IObit.. While holding on the phone to have further informations from my bank agent,I checked on internet about this company and request a direct denial of this charge on my account as well as a cancellation of my debit card.

I called (18777470005)the site which proposed the downloads and they told me that my card would not be charged.

For checking or investigation purpose please find the path used to get to this faulty site:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2013 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVANGATE-IOBit/-Redwood-City-California-94065/AVANGATE-IOBit-Fraudulent-Debit-Card-Billing-Redwood-City-California-1019546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVANGATE IOBit

Fair rectification of AvangateIObit

AUTHOR: ccpa939 - (United States of America)

Hello,

I have been contacted by the customer service of Avangate IObit, and they have explained in details what happened. They have refunded the money on my account, and have made me a fair proposal to generously extend my license at no cost.

I appreciate the fact that their customer service is concerned about issues and was fast to communicate with me and rectify the situation. I will continue business with them.

Thank you.