Complaint Review: AVANGATE*CA*TOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN

• Updated: Wed, August 15, 2012

• Reported By: WorstNightmare — Austin Texas United States of America
AVANGATE*CA*TOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN
Amstelveen, Select State/Province Netherlands

AVANGATE*CA*TOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN Avangate.com authorized charges to my credit card without my consent. It was through the transition of an expired Capital One Visa card. As I procrastinated in activating my new card (which I never us Unauthorized, fraudulent, scam, credit card, Capital One, Visa, $69.99, Expired, New Card Amstelveen, Netherlands/Amsterdam

*UPDATE Employee: CA is now Total Defense

One month after my card had expired, I received a new card in the mail. I was notified by telephone several times that I needed to activate my card. I am very busy so I kept putting it off, and ended up forgetting. I only use the card for my credit report. My wife notified me that a charge for $69.99 was on it and it read "AVANGATE*CA*TOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN." There headquarters are in Amstelveen, Netherlands/Amsterdam.

Smell like a bunch of rats...

I saw another person:

He was affected the same way. I will find the commonality between he and I. I bet I know what kind of credit card he uses. If anyone has any information regarding this company, I would appreciate it.  The card has not been used in a VERY long time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2012 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVANGATECATOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN/Amstelveen-Select-StateProvince-/AVANGATECATOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN-Avangatecom-authorized-charges-to-my-credit-card-without-926259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVANGATE*CA*TOTALDEFENAMSTELVEEN

CA is now Total Defense

AUTHOR: Avangate Support Team - (United States of America)

Avangate offers software publishers a full featured eCommerce platform, expertise and tools to sell and promote software online. One of the software publishers we have partnered with is Total Defense, the former CA anti-virus solution developer (more information here: http://www.totaldefense.com/ca-antivirus-now-total-defense-antivirus.aspx)

Since your bank statement shows a charge under the name AVANGATE*TOTALDEFENSE, this means that you either placed an order on the www.totaldefense.com website for a computer anti-virus solution, or that your original anti-virus license has been renewed automatically in accordance with the software publisher's terms and conditions you have agreed to at the time you have purchased your license.

If you happen to have questions or issues regarding this payment, or if you decide to cancel the payment processed by our company, please note you can reach us (email/phone) by using the customer support contact details provided here: http://www.avangate.com/company/contact.php