Complaint Review: AVAST Software Internet Security

• Updated: Sat, May 03, 2014

• Reported By: hergard — fallbrook California
AVAST Software Internet Security
Internet USA

AVAST Software Internet Security Sales company is "digital river" in the philipines, the "tech support"sells services and is a scam Redwood City California

The tech-support is a scam. The rep. who took my request to install the avast program told me that I needed my computer scanned for problems. Strangely enough he showed me the issues without having my authorization to look into my computer. Good knows what he showed me!!!! He told me that a McAfe program would interfere with the avast program and had to be removed.

So I agreed to pay $ 119.00 for the scan by a technician. The scan took 2min 35 sec.  which comes to an hourly rate of approx. $ 3,570.00. The McAfe program was still not removed an I kept getting error messages from avast.

I contacted my personal technician who run the scan which took 3.00 hours and found close to 300 objects that needed to be removed.

When I contacted avast about this, I was told that this is the way avast operates, nothing you can do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVAST-Software-Internet-Security/internet/AVAST-Software-Internet-Security-Sales-company-is-digital-river-in-the-philipines-the-1143684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVAST Software Internet Security