Complaint Review: AVELINOS

• Reported By:Trenton NJ
AVELINOS
WARMINSTER, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AVELLINOS INSPECTION WARMINSTER, PENNSYLVANIA EMISSION RIPOFF

*UPDATE Employee: I CAN HELP, THESE COMMENTS DO NOT FALL ON DEAF EARS. ..DICTRICT MANAGER FOR TIRES PLUS, FORMALLY AVELLINO'S.

NOT TOO LONG AGO I TOOK MY SUBARU IN FOR ITS
MANDATORY YEARLY STATE INSPECTION.

WELL, THIS PLACE IS CALLED AVELLINOS IF YOU REALLY CARE TO KNOW, BUT I THINK THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE.

THERE IS AN INSPECTION ON THE EMISSIONS AND THE PART "SUPPOSEDLY INVOLVED" WAS THE OXYGEN SENSOR.

ON THIS PARTICULAR CAR THERE IS THE REQUIREMENT THAT THE CAR IS FULLY WARMED UP AND BROUGHT TO A GIVEN # OF RPMS FOR A GIVEN TIME,
PRETTY STANDARD IF YOU READ ABOUT IT.

THIS PLACE PROBABLY DID NOT FOLLOW THAT RULE AND OF COURSE THE EMISSIONS TEST FAILED.

THEY ESTIMATED THAT THE COST OF REPLACING "A FAULTY OR CONTAMINATED O2 SENSOR" TO BE ABOUT $200 DOLLARS. HAD I DONE THIS REPAIR I WOULD HAVE BEEN PRETTY STUPID.

NORMALLY I DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER BUT THIS TURNED OUT GREAT.

THE DEALER INSPECTED IT AND BOOM IT PASSED FLYING COLORS.

I SPOKE TO THE MECHANIC AT THE DEALER AND RELATED THE TALE TO HIM AND HIS ADVICE WAS PRETTY SIMPLE- YOU SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT IT TO THE DEALER FIRST.

IN THIS CASE THAT WAS TRUE, BUT THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS IF YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED ON MECHANICS OF YOUR VEHICLE THEN YOU GET RIPPED OFF VERY EASILY.

AFTERWARDS I TOOK IT BACK TO AVELINOS AND DID NOT EVEN GET THE MONEY BACK FOR THE INSPECTION- GO FIGURE.

ALSO THEY ACTED LIKE THEY WERE PO'D AND REALLY DELAYED ME GETTING MY FINAL STICKERS (BECAUSE OF COURSE, I HAD TO GO BACK TO THEM WITH THE DEALER REPORT.)

BASICALLY THEY WASTED MY TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY JUST SO I COULD AVOID GETTING REALLY RIPPED OFF, BUT IN THE END I STILL LOST, JUST NOT BY AS MUCH.

IS THIS SOMETHING YOU EVER WANT TO DEAL WITH AGAIN?

WELL I TELL YOU I WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, AND IT IS A BIG SHAME BECAUSE I HAD BEEN GOING THERE ABOUT 5 YEARS. THEIR LOSS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVELINOS/WARMINSTER-Pennsylvania-18974/AVELLINOS-INSPECTION-WARMINSTER-PENNSYLVANIA-EMISSION-RIPOFF-13433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVELINOS

AUTHOR: LOU - (U.S.A.)

I APPRECIATE YOUR FEEDBACK. I AM THE NEW ASS'T DICTRICT MANAGER FOR TIRES PLUS, FORMALLY AVELLINO'S.