Complaint Review: AVG Anitvirus software

• Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By: AZ — Peoria Arizona United States of America
AVG Anitvirus software
2105 Northwest Blvd. Newton, North Carolina United States of America

AVG Anitvirus software AVG Antivirus Ripoff - Can't install and want to charge to help me to install original software. Newton, North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: I had problems with the free version.

If you order the free software they offer the full program. I was unable to download the software after several attempts. Error said to uninstall and reinstall. Tried that solution and it still did not work. Tried several times and stated not enough space on drive, delete files. I removed several large files and it still would not download. Beware that you only have 30 days to install this software as they will not give you a refund. After talking to customer service the only solution was to offer me to tech service and before she transferred me I asked if it was free? She then stated it was $39.99 charge. I said why should I have to pay to have help installing the original software.

I said it didn't tell me the system requirements. She said they are on the website where you download it. I said I had the free version and was sent email to upgrade. It did not state system requirements. I would think if the free version ran so would the full version. She said she would credit $20.00 off the service charge. I told her I was not going to pay and requested a full refund. She said no and that no refund after 30 days. I requeste to speak with a supervisor and all she said was she would turn my request over for review and I would get an email. Two days later email stating no refund after 30 days. Believe it or not two days later they sent me offer for free one time PC Cleaner. I will not download anything from this company again.

Consumers beware! Any problems no refund after 30 days. The customer servie rep definitely knew how not to give a refund. Don't trust this company they just want to bill you for software that won't download...ripoff and very poor customer service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG-Anitvirus-software/Newton-North-Carolina-28658/AVG-Anitvirus-software-AVG-Antivirus-Ripoff-Cant-install-and-want-to-charge-to-help-me-1015561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG Anitvirus software

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I had problems with the free version.

AUTHOR: Leticia - (U.S.A.)

It would take up so much memory I could not run anything. So my brothers (both computer engineers) told me to get Comodo free antivirus and Spybot. They work extremely well together and do NOT always ask you to upgrade. Unfortunately because it has been over 30 days, you probably have no recourse in getting your money back. So it is best to take your loss and lose them as your antivirus provider when there are other free ones that will give you more and not ask for anything else.

trim