Complaint Review: AVG Security

*Consumer Comment: Must be doing something right

*Consumer Comment: I'm an idiot

*Consumer Comment: Question

*Consumer Comment: Question

Avg infected my computer with their malware and will not leave my computer. All my web browsers have been reset to go trhough avg. There is no option to remove it, I feel this is wrong and feel that producing malware like this should not go un noticed.

AVG : MALWARE

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2012 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG-Security/internet/AVG-Security-AVG-Malware-producers-Internet-905516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG Security

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

So, you won't even give me a chance to prove to you that I can help this guy.  What a douche!

Again with the attacks, the Team Rebutt way

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Jimmy please read other post which explain my position. Have a nice day

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Tell me what browser you are using and I'll explain to you how to change the homepage and default search engine.  Oh wait, you won't be able to follow the instructions.  Go take your meds and leave the important stuff to the big kids.

Jimmy you ran the OP off

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

As you said Jimmy, I offer no advice, only Team Rebutt does, and when the OP runs off, naturally the Team pasts the blame. Team Rebutt has to accept responsibility for their vile actions

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

You're an idiot.  I offered the OP help and all YOU have done is probably ran him off with your stupid posts.

Go ahead Jimmy

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Throw me your best, I don't agree with the rebutts of Team Rebutt so I'm bad. Do your worst, correct my grammar and call me names, oh it hurts so much boo hoo

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Did you get dropped on your head as a baby or something?  I mean what happened that caused you to be such a dick to everyone who tries to offer someone help?  All the OP has to do is post which browser(s) they are having the problem(s) with and exactly what those problems are.  All you, Josey, have to do is quit being so paranoid, and realize that the world is not out to get you. Perhaps I should start following you around and post comments about how useless your posts are.

You offer nothing nothing

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

As a member of Team Rebutt you offer nothing, zero and when OP turns against you, out come the name calling. How dare anybody questions Team Rebutt and their vast knowledge.

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

I am legitimately trying to offer the OP help to get his computer back to the way he wants it.  All I need is for him to answer the questions above so I know what settings need to be changed and what browser he is using as all browsers have those settings in different places.

P.S.  To whoever "cloned" Josey, I couldn't stop laughing.

Must be doing something right

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Team Rebutt has cloned me, how honored I am. In the Team Rebutt hall of  Fame. Looks like I hitting someone's nerve.

I'm an idiot

AUTHOR: The Outed Josey Wales - (United States of America)

blah blah blah I don't have any advice, but I like re:BUTTals. blah blah blah

Question

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Jimmy why is Team Rebutt is so smart, must hurt the mind to be smart in everything. I can also help you out, as long as Team Rebutt trolls so will I Stop Team Rebutts trolls!!!!!

Question

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

From your report, I'm not entirely sure exactly what you mean by "reset to go trhough avg".  Are you referring to your default search engine, homepage, or something else?  Also, which web browsers are you using.  If you provide this information, I may be able to direct you through changing the settings back, or removing AVG entirely.

AVG is an anti-virus software.  I currently use the free version on both of my computers and do not have any issues.  If I remember right, during setup there should have been check boxes giving the program permission to change your default search engine and homepage.  I believe they are pre-checked, so if you did not notice them during setup, you would have unknowingly agreed to the changes.

And no, I don't work for AVG.