Complaint Review: AVG

• Reported By: Chuck — Lincoln City Oregon
AVG
Internet USA

AVG RANDOM SELF AUTORENEWING Internet

I used to use AVG, did so for a number of years without a problem.

Over the last couple of months, AVG sent sent out half a dozen random auto renew notices. Two just slipped in on me and dinged my credit card for $39.99 twice. I filed a refund request. They are "evaluating" my request for a refund. Tonight I got another notice that they will be autorenewing. I went to cancel that and got the following message:

unsubcription unsuccessful. an unexpected error occurred, please contact us manually ......

I CALLED MY BANK, PAYPAL, AND TRIED TO REACH AVG SEVERAL WAYS BUT CAN'T SHUT THEM OFF. I HAVE TO SHUT OF THE CREDIT CARD MY BANK SAYS.

All my rent, utilities, insurance, Netflix, etc. will have to be contacted to give them the new credit card numbers. Just thought if I could save anybody the same hassle I would let everybody know.

MY ADVISE IS AVOID THESE GUYS. I GOT A FREE ANTI-VIRUS FROM MY CABLE COMPANY THAT IS WORKING GREAT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG/internet/AVG-RANDOM-SELF-AUTORENEWING-Internet-1169174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG