Complaint Review: AVG

• Submitted: Tue, January 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: Ginny — Richmond Virginia United States of America
AVG

AVG software is free but when you uninstall you have to pay or it won't uninstall! Internet

I took downloaded AVG for free to try out their security software and then at the end of the trial month I did not purchase the software. Now I have free security software that is included with my internet service by my internet provider. They advised me I needed to uninstall AVG and Norton in order to download their software. I went to the control panel and uninstalled Norton without a problem and when I uninstalled AVG it appeared that it was working but never uninstalled. I have tried at least 5 times to uninstall it and it never actually works. I was advised by my ISP to contact AVG for assistance in uninstalling. I called AVG and they told me that I would have to pay a technician to have it removed from my computer. They transferred me to their tech buddy's who charge $49.99 to log into your computer remotely and remove the program for you. They said if I didn't want to use their technicians I could go somewhere and pay to have it removed. I have never in my life downloaded something advertised as free and then had any issue trying to remove the program from my computer and then be told I have to pay to have it removed. If I would have known this upfront I NEVER would have tried their software in the first place. So I would strongly recommend anyone that hasn't tried their "free" security software not to try it unless you want to pay for it when you need it removed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2012 10:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVG/internet/AVG-software-is-free-but-when-you-uninstall-you-have-to-pay-or-it-wont-uninstall-Intern-823894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVG