Complaint Review: AVID

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, August 20, 2011

• Reported By: John Bell — Brodhead Wisconsin United States of America
AVID
1700 Broadway, 26th floor, New York, NY 10019 USA New York, New York United States of America

AVID pinnacle Sold product that was being discontinued that will not work with Operating System Windows 7 New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: More advice

*Consumer Comment: Your so right

*Consumer Comment: Try this.

I bought the software and a few years later it wont work with Windows 7 Operating system. They offer no patch or free upgrade. They want me to pay for there latest version of Studio version Pinnacle. Its not my fault I bought their version right before they came out with 3-4  newer versions and I should either get my money back or a version that will work. Their Newest version is 15 by the way, how much could they possibly improve on product or get it to work right?

The studio 10.5 version came out in 2006,

I bought it in 2007, Windows 7  was out by 2009 0r 2010.

So the life of the product was about 2 years. Unbelievable that I cannot get a refund or a batch/Upgrade.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVID/New-York-New-York-10019/AVID-pinnacle-Sold-product-that-was-being-discontinued-that-will-not-work-with-Operating-S-767296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVID

More advice

AUTHOR: skeptic - (USA)

Robert sarcasm noted. I wasnt the one complaining. I've put a black mark against your name. Anyways, let me continue to give advice to those who need it and want to hear.

If your version of Microsoft Office doesnt work in Windows7, try OpenOffice3.3. Only download it from the official Oracle website. It was a perfect replacement for my Office 2000 that did not work very well in Win7. Also, documents written in OpenOffice can be saved as a Word document.

For security and virus protection try Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG or Avira. These are all tested programs that do very well and are free. Once again, only download these programs from their official websites. There are a lot of bogus sites out there purporting to be the program you are looking for.

See, by following my advice Ive been able to save somebody a few hundred bucks!

Your so right

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I have the same problem.  I have a collection of programs that no longer work on Windows 7.  The companies always give me such a flimsy excuse that they no longer support Windows 3.1.  I bought the program and they should upgrade it forever for free.  I think we should start a Class Action Lawsuit.

It's just not fair.

Try this.

AUTHOR: skeptic - (USA)

If you don't do HD then you could always try Windows Movie Maker 2.6 which is a free download from the Microsoft site and is fully compatible with Windows7. For burning DVDs use Windows DVD maker which is also fully compatible with Windows7.

I've edited and burnt to DVD many movies using these programs and they are very smooth in their operation with many features and effects. Only download them from the official Microsoft site. Search within the site for these programs.