Complaint Review: AVIS

• Updated: Fri, February 03, 2012

• Reported By: David M — New York New York United States of America
AVIS
Malaga, Spain Airport Internet United States of America

AVIS AVIS Rent a Car; AVIS Malaga AVIS overcharged me by more than 400% Internet, Internet

AVIS quoted a price of 11 euros per day for a car rental at the airport in Malaga, Spain.  We filled out their forms, declined additional insurance, and took the car for nine days.  At the airport, the AVIS representative left some of the boxes on the rental agreement form blank.  We asked if they should be completed and the rep was very nice and said "don't worry I will take care of it."  The charge should have been 99 euros, plus tax, for a total of about 117 euros.  Upon returning the car, AVIS did not provide a receipt, and told us the charge would be posted to our credit card.  When we got our next credit card bill, we saw a charge of 570.81 euros plus tax for the car rental.  We then disputed the charge, but AVIS produced a fabricated, bogus copy of the rental agreement with the blanks filled in for a different amount than the quoted daily amount.  They also took the opportunity to check off every single box for additional charges, including the damage waiver, extra insurance, and extra extra unnecessary insurance, which we never checked off.  We showed a copy of the rental agreement with the correct numbers, and in addition, a copy of the original price quote for 11 euros per day, but AVIS refused to refund the excess charges.  Not only did AVIS overcharge me, but their actions constitute fraud and theft.  They fabricated documents and then took money from my account on the basis of their fake documents.  I have the price quote for 11 euros per day, and their bogus agreement charging me more than 4 times as much.  I am sure I am not the only person they have done this to.  Someone should file a class action lawsuit against them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVIS/internet/AVIS-AVIS-Rent-a-Car-AVIS-Malaga-AVIS-overcharged-me-by-more-than-400-Internet-Internet-833424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVIS