Complaint Review: AVL Atlanta Transport

• Submitted: Thu, April 26, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, January 15, 2008

• Reported By:Corona California
AVL Atlanta Transport
6180 Atlantic Blvd Norcross, Georgia U.S.A.

Countrywide Transport Deceptive, Rude, Abusive, misrepresented, stole money, dishonest, fraudulent Ripoff Norcross Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Never a Customer

I paid AVL Atlanta Transport a deposit of $500 to ship my goods from California to Denmark. A few days before the move their phone listed on my contract went unanswered and they did not have a pick up date or time confirmed even when three messages had been left for them.

I grew suspicious and I contacted USDOT and when I checked their DOT registration number 1170806 I found thier insurance had been involuntarily revolked. When I searched the DOT by address I found another company by the name of Countrywide Transport also listed at the same address with a different USDOT number 1621672. I called the number listed for that company and the phone was answered. They claimed they had scheduled pick up date and time.

I infomred them that since I had a contract with AVL Atlanta Transport whoc insurance had been cancelled and not Countrywide Transport...I wanted to cancel my contract and my money refunded since it seems AVL Atlanta Transport has gone out of business due to problems with thier insurance.

I spoke to the owner "Danny" who was insulting and rude and never did provide me with current insurance information or a reason why thier insurance was involuntarily revolved.

He still has not refunded my $500 deposit.

Johnna
Corona, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2007 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVL-Atlanta-Transport/Norcross-Georgia-30071/Countrywide-Transport-Deceptive-Rude-Abusive-misrepresented-stole-money-dishonest-fr-245769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVL Atlanta Transport

Never a Customer

AUTHOR: Gina - (U.S.A.)

I paid AVL Atlanta Transport a deposit of $500 to ship my goods from California to Denmark"

This line speaks for itself.