Complaint Review: AVS

• Updated: Mon, August 01, 2011

• Reported By: garystan — West Palm Beach Florida United States of America
AVS
29 Harley Street, London, W1G9QR Nationwide United States of America

AVS I paid for software using a bank/wire transfer ,they wouldn't accept my credit card. And never heard ffrom them again. London, , Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Good Job

*Author of original report: Avangate BV Payment

I tried to purchase software registration from AVS (www.avs4you.com).   The told me that they can't accept Credit/Debit card payments.  [Suspicion #1].      I transferred  the requested amount for the registration via  bank/wire transfer [Mistake #1].   That was on July 28, 2011.   They  "said" they would contact me  A.S.A.P.  with the registration/activation code.     I never heard from them again.
        Apparently,  the payment had to go through the Silicon Valley Bank, USA  in California.   Where the
  "payment" would be  "transferred"  to  Avangate BV,  in the Netherlands  [Suspicion #2].
         The name of the institution accepting the paynent is :
           Silicon Valley Bank, USA
           3003 Tasman Dr.
           Santa Clara,  CA.,  95054
           (408) 654-7400
       The online recipients of payment :
            Avangate BV
            Prins Hendriklaan 26 II
           Amsterda, Netherlands, 1075 BD
   Obviously,  this is  a  "money transferring" scheme.
         I've dealt with AVS before,  and never had a problem.   But, obviously, they've become unscrupulous within the past couple of years.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2011 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVS/nationwide/AVS-I-paid-for-software-using-a-bankwire-transfer-they-wouldnt-accept-my-credit-card-758542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVS

Good Job

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

gettin the word out!

Don't use wire transfers for people you don't know.

Avangate BV Payment

AUTHOR: garystan - (United States of America)

I recently submitted a complaint about the AVS site.     I tried to pay for software registration, and the only payment accepted was a bank/wire transfer.    I sent payment, via wire transfer, on July 28,2011.    Now, August 1, 2011, they state they need payment.
        I have my  copy of the bank/wire transfer, with all the appropriate information on it.   Including the Account the money was to be transferred to,  etc..................
        I realize my mistake in making transactions in this manner.