Complaint Review: AVS4YOU

• Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By: J. W. — Wilmington Delaware
AVS4YOU
Internet, Select State/Province USA

AVS4YOU AVS4YOU Lifetime Guarantee only means up until your computer dies.  Internet

*Author of original report: I Stand By My Statements

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Subscription Questions and The answers

I bought a LIFETIME subscription from AVS4YOU for editing software. My computer died last week and so I bought a new computer to take it's place. When I contacted AVS4YOU to get my licensing key to reinstall the software, they informed me that I would have to reprurchaseit. When I informed then that I had purchased a LIFETIME subscription, AVS4YOU told me that the subscription is for that computer only.

I asked AVS4YOU how can that be a LIFETIME subscription when AVS4TOU knows that computers only last 4 or 5 years, technology-wise. They replied that didn't concern them and again stated that if I wanted the software I would have to repurchase it.

Anyone who buys software from this ripoff company is an idiot and I include myself in that group. But I will never purchase another product from this company.

Having used the software and then having cause to deal with their customer service, (What a joke they are), I can honestly say that "This is not the Best multimedia software on today's market!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2014 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AVS4YOU/Internet-Select-StateProvince/AVS4YOU-AVS4YOU-Lifetime-Guarantee-only-means-up-until-your-computer-diesnbsp-Internet-1128919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AVS4YOU

I Stand By My Statements

AUTHOR: J. W. - ()

When I bought the license it was a lifetime license. At no time did you inform mne that the license was for the life time of the computer which is a ripoff of services as far as I am concerned. I will never use AVS4YOU again because I have found better software on the internet.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Subscription Questions and The answers

AUTHOR: MyVideoConverter - ()

I am very sympathetic to your problem. However, avs4you.com has been described in support page .

------ Subscription Questions :---------

“I have the UNLIMITED license for your software. I bought a new computer. May I use this license on a new computer or do I have to buy a new one?”

The answer:

“As AVS4YOU software is licensed on a per-computer basis, you will need to purchase a separate UNLIMITED or 1-YEAR license for every new computer.”

The answer:

“One license can be activated only on one computer, so if you change your PC you will need to buy an additional license.”

Note: It seems that they do not intend to change this a requirement. It is a problem.