Complaint Review: AW AUTO PRO

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Philis — Sapulpa Oklahoma United States of America
Lake balboa California 91406 Internet United States of America

AW AUTO PRO ACCESS WARRANTY HIGH pressure sales, misleading, Internet

AW Auto PRO sent an email to my inbox....and since I just lost 2 cars in the last 9 months due to the engine and transmission........ So I thought to just give them a call and see how much it would cost and see if i can make a better decision based on more info. So there was this guy telling me it covered the transmission, engine and the powertrain. I told him clearly i really cant afford and stressed how TIGHT my budget is 3 times and am just checking for how much this service is, just want a quote. He was a really smooth, soft talking good salesMAN that didn't care that I told him repeatedly how close I live to a budget. He WOULD NOT take no as an answer.  He told me there would be 30 days of trial or 800 miles, ( at the start the milage was 1000 but I was reluctant to committ so he lowered it to 800) Matt Miller started telling me how i wouldnt be able to get these deals if i called back. Matt said "some people call back after agreeing to the contract, they find out after their car broke down they are not covered because they made no down payment, that's why we need the deposit at first".   I had to buy right now was his emphasis. No other company will offer you this cheap rate. He said It would be best to keep car maintenance receipts,  that show I am maintaining the car. Matt never said I had to keep the car maintained for coverage. I said again my budget is too tight to afford $81.00 per month, "I just dont have it". He said, "imagine how you will regret not buying this coverage today when the car breaks down", that scared me so I paid the $81.00,  ( at the start the cost was $95.00 but unwilling to committ he lowered it to $81.00) which he also said I would NEVER get a lower price anywhere. I told him, "You are the first I have ever called to find more about extended warranties", the truth.   So, He said he is transferring me to someone to finalize the agreement, and I think this second man was in the seat listening to Matt sell me.  This second man was on the phone w/n a millimeter of a second.  He gets me to agree to this, that and the other thing.  Second man stated, " I (me) have to keep proof I am maintaining the car".  His part in this high pressure sale went so fast and then the Quick Hangup and I knew they were high fiving each other.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 05:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AW-AUTO-PRO/internet/AW-AUTO-PRO-ACCESS-WARRANTY-HIGH-pressure-sales-misleading-Internet-937854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AW AUTO PRO