Complaint Review: AWARD NOTIFICATION COMMISSION "ANC"

• Submitted: Thu, September 16, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, October 04, 2010

• Reported By: M Glaros — Riverview Florida United States of America
AWARD NOTIFICATION COMMISSION "ANC"
One Pavillion Plaza Office of President Kansas City, Kansas United States of America

AWARD NOTIFICATION COMMISSION "ANC" WOARewards Sent a fraudulent notification letter of winning $2,000,000.00 Kansas City, Kansas

*Consumer Comment: ANC

On September 13,2010 I received a very authentic looking ANC Corporate Announcement letter announcing that I was confirmed to win $2,000,000.00.  I needed to fill out the form that was attached to the announcement letter and mail it within 7 days with a payment of $11.89.  I believed that the $11.89 was for processing.  Last night I decided, for some reason, to Google the Award Notification Committee.  What came up was an urgent message saying this was a "SCAM."  Well, I was totally in shock, disheartened, angry and just plain old mad at myself for being hooked.  I am an intelligent person and thus feel "stupid" right now.

When the letter arrived I believed that it was a blessing for me.  I have been through some very difficult financial times/struggles over the past 11 years.  I saw this as an opportunity for me to do some wonderful things for myself as well as my dearest friends.  I love to make a difference for others as well as myself and am totally disheartened that their are people out there who hunt us down and provide a ray of "hope" to have it taken away.  I am letting others know so that they don't get hooked and dragged here too.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2010 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AWARD-NOTIFICATION-COMMISSION-ANC/Kansas-City-Kansas-66110/AWARD-NOTIFICATION-COMMISSION-ANC-WOARewards-Sent-a-fraudulent-notification-letter-of-wi-641199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AWARD NOTIFICATION COMMISSION "ANC"

ANC

AUTHOR: Indianapolis, IN - (United States of America)

On October 1, 2010, I received an official-looking letter from the Award Notification Commission, announcing that I was confirmed to win $2,000,000.00.  All I had to do to receive the funds either as a lump sum of $1,090,000.00 or $66,667.00 per year for 30 consecutive years was to mail "an applied fee of $11.98" to a P.O. Box in Kansas City, MO.  It looks authentic with the signature of the Administrar, James Mallory, but I had to check it out online, just to be sure.  I found this site which told me that it was most definitely a scam.  I saw the other postings and wanted to make sure that everyone knows that these letters are still circulating.  I'll be passing this message along to my friends and family, too.