Complaint Review: AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix

• Updated: Thu, March 25, 2010

• Reported By: Bri — Maine United States of America
AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix University of Phoenix, Apollo Group Delayed graduation scam, forced to repeat courses finished with an A Phoenix, Arizona

I am a recent graduate of Axia College of University of Phoenix, receiving my A.A. last year. I transferred to the school with 23 credits from another institution, where I had maintained a 4.0 GPA. When I signed the paperwork for admission to Axia, I was told that I woud have approximately 9 months until graduation with the amount of credits that I was transferring in; however, I was deceived. They had only told me this to get me to sign the paperwork, and then passed me off to another individual who had no idea what that person had told me and didn't care. After reading back through the contracts, I learned that what they SAID didn't matter as long as I signed the papers. After I signed the papers, they evaluated my credits from the previous institution, where I had finished every course with a grade of A, and told me that those courses were equivalent to the courses that MUST be completed at Axia or UoP and cannot be transferred in. I wound up having to repeat all of the courses that I had already successfully completed, delaying my graduation by a year and 3 months even though I maintained a 3.9 GPA during my program.

When I confronted the people from the University of Phoenix--those in customer service and my academic advisor, I was told that those credits would apply as electives during my bachelor program, but once I started my B.S. program, once again not receiving an evaluation of prior credit until after signing the paperwork, only 9 of the credits transferred because I "ran out of electives." It is now a year later, and I am about 20,000 dollars more in debt with student loans because the school deceived me into signing the paperwork.

This is not my only complaint, however. The end-of-course surveys are not anonymous as they claim. During my last course, I completed an end-of-course survey after a course with a very ineffective, disruptive, and trying instructor. The instructor works in the office at University of Phoenix, and teaches a course on the side. Because of this, she has access to all of the surveys. As soon as I finished the course and turned in the survey, she went back to the beginning of the course, and wrote me up for something that I said that a kindergartener would not have gotten in trouble for. No foul or inappropriate language--I simply asked another student for resources because I knew she had invented the information that she had presented, which, by the Student Code of Conduct, is academic dishonesty. I was told I might be expelled, 9 courses from finishing my degree. Once the case (that I fully expected to be thrown out by the Ethics committee) was deliberated upon,  I was forced to write a 3-5 page essay about "student behavior" because I "failed to comply with any reasonable directive from faculty." A directive that I never received from anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2010 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AXIA-College-Of-University-Of-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-/AXIA-College-Of-University-Of-Phoenix-University-of-Phoenix-Apollo-Group-Delayed-graduati-585334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AXIA College Of University Of Phoenix