Complaint Review: AXIS WORLD TRAVEL - MELVIN SMITH

• Submitted: Fri, February 11, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, February 11, 2005

• Reported By:Santee California
AXIS WORLD TRAVEL - MELVIN SMITH
6619 N. Scottsdale Road Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

AXIS WORLD TRAVEL, MELVIN SMITH TRAVEL MEMBERSHIPS SCAM RIPOFF Scottsdale Arizona

My husband and I have decided to exercise our right to cancel the agreement that we entered into with this company, within the 3-day "cooling off" period.
We were unsure whether the three days given were business days or calendar days but either way, we were still on time.

We returned the "member kit" (a condition given, in order to cancel the contract), and requested a refund of our uncashed check.

Knowing that we couldn't trust them not to cash it. I asked my credit union to place a stop payment on that check.

Of course my credit union claimed that there is no record of my request and honored the check! Would you like to know the name of the credit union? Thanks to their "help" we are out several thousands of dollars.
We tried to file for arbitration through the Arizona BBB but couldn't because the letter they sent to Axis came back undeliverable! (no surprise there...)
Ocean Blue & Associates, their new name now, is operating with the same "modus operandi"
Too many people have been scammed by this man, many of them senior citizens.

I would like to see that our legal system ensures that justice prevails.
Martha

Martha
Santee, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2005 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AXIS-WORLD-TRAVEL-MELVIN-SMITH/Scottsdale-Arizona-85250/AXIS-WORLD-TRAVEL-MELVIN-SMITH-TRAVEL-MEMBERSHIPS-SCAM-RIPOFF-Scottsdale-Arizona-131050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AXIS WORLD TRAVEL - MELVIN SMITH