Complaint Review: AY Transport And National Moving Network

• Submitted: Fri, March 04, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, March 04, 2005

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
AY Transport And National Moving Network
19995 Lindenbrook Lane , Cupertino,, California U.S.A.

AY Transport And National Moving Network showed up hours late and tried to screw me with charges and had horrible customer service Cupertino California

I must have used AY Transport in their early days. I found them through National Moving Network. A customer service rep with NMR gave me the quote and took all of my specifications. The rep was quite friendly.

A day before the move I received a phone call from a man asking if it was okay for them to arrive at 8am for the pickup. I said sure. 8am comes and goes, no movers. After 45 mins or so I call NMR and the customer service rep gives me the name of the moving company so I could call them. Anyway, over the course of the next 6 hours a LOT of phone calls were exchanged back and forth. Including one call to AY in which I was put on hold... for 30 minutes. I used my cellphone to call on another line, while holding. The person that put me on hold answered the phone, I was irate. NMR was no help either during this entire escapade.

AY claimed to have NO knowledge of the phone call scheduling the move for 8am, and told me my movers were across the bay doing another move and would be there around noon. Finally at 2pm they arrive.

They told me they needed $100 in cash because the distance to the truck was too long. I refused to pay because I had only $40 in cash AND it was not specified anywhere. I told the movers that it should be added to my bill, which would be settled later. The head guy told me to go to the ATM and get the cash while they are moving my stuff (mind you I live alone). He also said that if the co. billed me they (the movers) would not see any of the money and they are the ones doing the heavy lifting.

Once inside my place the guys insisted that I buy additional wardrobe boxes to hold smaller items (boxes, lamps, vacuum cleaners etc)- things that I have moved in a prior long distance move without putting them inside a larger box. Then they insisted I pay $90 and $70 to have two tv's boxed up respectively. Ya right. Again, I demanded to see the price list and nowhere on it did it say that. At this point I am really putting up a fuss and demanding to speak with the corporate office. My mover spoke to the woman (in Hebrew - they are Israeli) at AY for a few minutes and finally let me on the phone. She said I should just pay for the box cost and a small fee for them to pack it, it was significantly less than what they were trying to charge me so I reluctantly agreed.

The guys finally got my stuff packed up and asked when I could receive the shipment, I said anytime in the next two weeks bcs i was told it would be several days at least. Well, I didn't expect that literally 2 days later, my parents in Chicago would get a phone call that the mover was going to arrive that night to drop off the stuff. Since the shipment was going to a storage locker the night wasn't going to work so the mover said the only alternative was Saturday morning (the next morning). I had to pay someone to come in on their day off to receive the shipment at the storage facility (small town, closed on weekends) because the mover threatened to not deliver my things for another week or so if we did not get it the next morning.

My story is nothing compared to some folks here, but the more complaints that are known the better!

My move was in fall 2001, from the SF Bay area to Illinois.

Jen
Chicago, Illinois

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on AY Transport

Click here to read other Rip Off Report list of other Moving Companies

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on National Moving Network and other various transport companies ripping off the consumer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2005 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AY-Transport-And-National-Moving-Network/-Cupertino-California-95014/AY-Transport-And-National-Moving-Network-showed-up-hours-late-and-tried-to-screw-me-with-c-133827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AY Transport And National Moving Network