Complaint Review: AZWAH ABDUS SAADIQ

• Submitted: Sat, February 20, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: Victim to industry scammers — Florida United States of America
AZWAH ABDUS SAADIQ

AZWAH ABDUS SAADIQ a very unprofessional disrespectful photographer, noncompliance to mutual agreement has left me at a loss of $350 and ALL HI-RES portfolio images, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the Miami-Dade Licensing Department

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: BEWARE of KENNETH ROWE JACKSON

It was around Nov. 8th 09' when I first made contact to collaborate with Mr. Saadiq everything seemed to be legit. I was getting phone calls and texts returned in a timely manner and he seemed  professional.

But around this time I started to see signs, he said he would only be in Orlando for a week and if I wanted to shoot I would have to come up with the money within that week for a ,and he was quick to make sure he got his money deposit first before he set up a shoot via paypal and the rest CASH at the shoot.

The shoot was not in a studio, but an apartment, when I got there the makeup artist was late, which delayed the shoot and as a result we  had to set up another shoot to finish the 3 looks. And I never received the "professional airbrush makeup" I was paying for. He did however send me 3 low quality images of 2 looks just to see what they look like.

For the next whole week he kept putting me off, ignoring me, and didn't follow up with me, so I filed a complaint through paypal and that same day he called to ask why I filed a complaint saying that I had nothing to worry about, he was making up excuses and said he wouldn't scam me or take advantage of me, then he told me a day for the shoot and told me to cancel the paypal claim.

I did cancel it, i thought he got the message and he didn't, it was the most foolish thing I could do.

The day before the next rescheduled shoot he calls and says he has another shoot to do and if I wanted, I could come and finish my looks but had to pay an extra $200 for hair and makeup, I said no and went along with what I originally paid for.

The day of the second shoot he kept changing the time of the shoot from 1pm to 1:30pm to 2pm saying that something came up,
He also said he would give me an extra look for having to reschedule which I never knew was edited, ready or posted online until I went on facebook and there it was... I told him to take it down and he refused.

A week after the second shoot with no replies to communication on his part, he asks me if I want to shoot with another model for $100, I said no, I ask him when I will get my photos and I get no reply. At this point I realized he is just trying to get money out of me.

Two days later I text him telling him that I need to talk to him about a deadline to receive the photos and he replies in quote: " Sorry I was shooting yesterday and I'm out shooting now. Later 2nite".

I reply in quote: " You keep putting me off, I need a real date that I know your actually doing the photos, so I know when I'll get them". No response... this is when the flat out disrespectful unprofessional side of him became clear to me.

For the next whole week I called, emailed and texted but I got no replies.

He said that he would be done with editing the Hi-res photos by the end of thanksgiving week but I heard nothing from him. Dec. 5th 09' I sent an email about it and no reply. So I started contacting people that knew him and worked with him only to find out I'm not the only struggling model with the same issue with Saadiq.

I also learned that of the $350 I paid him, only $20 of it actually went to the makeup artist.

Dec. 9th 09' I sent another email threatening with legal authorities, and still no reply so I called, this time blocking my number and he actually answered but after realizing it was me he said to call him back and then hung up on me.

So I did call back an hour later but instead have someone else try to talk to him on my behalf, Mr. Saadiq refused to talk to the person and requested that I talk to him instead.

So I called and he cursed me out over the phone for having someone else contact him in regards to our business, and contacting other people to get to him, he went on in his rage by saying that my photos have been done for months and that he just refuses to give them to me, that its not stealing because he cant take something he already has from me.

His last words before hanging up on me and leaving me in tears were:" I'LL GET YOUR PICTURES, I'LL GIVE THEM TO YOU SO YOU DON'T EVER HAVE TO ASK ME FOR SH*T AGAIN!!"

The only thing I wanted WAS my pictures, its been 3 1/2 months, it's now
Feb. 20, 2010 and I still have nothing to show for $350 which was supposed to be 2-3 professional Hi-RES edits 9x12 for print and 6x9 for web with logo per each of the 3 looks I paid for and the extra look.

Things like this make it hard for aspiring models like myself to make it in the industry

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AZWAH-ABDUS-SAADIQ/internet/AZWAH-ABDUS-SAADIQ-a-very-unprofessional-disrespectful-photographer-noncompliance-to-mu-572389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AZWAH ABDUS SAADIQ

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the Miami-Dade Licensing Department

AUTHOR: honestrealreviews - (United States of America)

Even if you can't get your money back, you can at least make his life difficult.

Contact the licensing department where he is located to see if he bothered to register with them and pay their fees/taxes that allow him to conduct business in their city and/or county. Check http://www.miamidade.gov/businessexpress/start-license.asp

If he does have an active license with them, make a complaint about your situation. If he doesn't have a license, let them know about his unlicensed activity.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

BEWARE of KENNETH ROWE JACKSON

AUTHOR: bewarekrj - (United States of America)

This jerk real name is KENNETH ROWE JACKSON. do a google seach on him name and you will see his photo in Mugshot.com (jail). He's been cheating people for years. Dont give him your credit card number. this jerk has a record as long as days. I worked with this loser and watch as he cheats people out of money. BEWARE!