Complaint Review: Aamco

• Updated: Wed, April 09, 2014

• Reported By: Steven — Brentwood California
Aamco
1410 auto center dr Walnut creek, California USA

Aamco Owners Steve Phillips and Derek ? Aamco of wc ca company r ripoff artist. I brought back my 2004 Lincoln Ls before warranty was up. I was charged 3700 dollars to fix my car. 4 months later car just turns off and dies. So my sister calls and tells that lier swindler Derek that the car broke down.  He had the nerve to tell her it would cost her 200 more dollars to put it on the diagnosis machine. So car sat for 3 more months until we had a buyer to buy it as-is. For 2000 dollars. So I had to lend my sister 2500 more dollars for down payment to a2007 honda civic. I ya I gave her 1500 towards the Aamco bill also. So me and the buyer of the Ls took the car do Walnut creek California

long story short  we took my sisters Lincoln Ls to scamaamco. (Aamco) To fix radiator leak  3700 dollars later it was fixed supposedly. Roughly 4 months later 8000 miles later it breaks down again. (So it's still under warranty).My sister calls Aamco and talks to the owner Derek. Tells him what happened to her car and of course Greedy A** Derek tells my sis that it would cost her 200.00 to hook it up to diagnosis machine. Force to park the Ls in her driveway my sis had no option but to finace a 2007 civic. 4 months later a gentleman wanted to buy it as is for 2000.00.Blue is 5500.00.

So loosing a lot of money.  So me and the man take the Ls back to Aamco just to have them hook it up to the diagnosis machine. No charge. Tell the GM whitey  just to hook it up to machine nothing else becuz I wasn't putting any more money into it. Just wanted to see if the problem with the car was anything they already did. Of course they didn't listen and took the whole car apart. then they say it's the intake manafold is leaking that's the problem. Remember I told them not to work on it just hook it up to diagnosis machine.

(come to find out 3 weeks later when I could finally pic up the car. It wasn't driveable. One owner (Derek) tries to lie and cover up what they did to my sis car. But the other owner Steve told the truth and said we seen a leak by mana fold so we just keep digging and digging to find the leak but supposedly couldn't. Come to find out by owner Steve that they tried to seal the leak with caulking When we brought the Ls in the first time. But never told me or my sis. Or put it on the receipt. See they knew theyscrewed up the first time so they tried to fix it under our nosees.

what kind of company takes apart something before even finding out if they can get a new one. Answer  Aamco  I go and pic up the car and it won't drive. Sounds like car is going to blow up. Remember we drove the Ls there with no problems. But had to have towed back to my home. Great co. Can't take apart right can't put it back together either. So lost the sell of the car. Oh ya they also put a dent in my passenger side door. showed the owners but thy gave no commit just ignored me. 889.00 to fix door. So we r suing them in small claims court.  And also reported them to bureu of auto repair. everybody out there stay away from that lieing greedy a** owner Derek. Gm whitey is the only one with a least some compassion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-/Walnut-creek-California-94597/Aamco-Owners-Steve-Phillips-and-Derek-Aamco-of-wc-ca-company-r-ripoff-artist-I-brought-1137655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco