Complaint Review: Aamco, Harrisonburg, Va

• Submitted: Mon, October 20, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 20, 2008

• Reported By:Manassas Virginia
Aamco, Harrisonburg, Va
1851 Reservoir St Harrisonburg, Virginia U.S.A.

Ammaco, trying to rip off my college age daughter Harrisonburg Virginia

Last night my daughters 2002 vehicles transmission went out... She called to have it towed to a local repair shop. The tow truck arrived and told her she needed to have it towed to Ammaco. (probably gets a kick back...) Being only 19 she agreed and they towed it. She spoke with Ammaco and ask that they call me, her mother before doing anything. One hour later I hadn't heard from them so I called. He then proceeded to give me a long speech on what they found and an estimate of 2800.00 or higher to fix it. Being a female anytime a man uses big words and jabbers on, I know right then and there they are trying to rip me off!

Well to make a long story short, they then wanted to charge me $79.00 for that information. I then said, who authorized you to do a check that involved money? He said that I should have known that there would be a charge!! He then proceeded to tell me that unless I paid the fee I could not have my car back. I will be contacting my attorney.... What a rip off.... Thank god I am not having them do the work. They totally tried to take advantage of a teenager and her mother..

M.hamner
Manassas, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2008 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Harrisonburg-Va/Harrisonburg-Virginia-20112/Ammaco-trying-to-rip-off-my-college-age-daughter-Harrisonburg-Virginia-383025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco, Harrisonburg, Va