• Report: #206580

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:HAYWARD California
Aamco Transmission
3670 Thornton Avenue Fremont, California U.S.A.

Aamco Transmission ripoff car Transmission never rebuilt Fremont California

*Consumer Comment: STAY AWAY!!

*UPDATE Employee: under new management

*Consumer Suggestion: Chains are not a rip off!

*Consumer Suggestion: Chains are not a rip off!

*Consumer Comment: Stay Away From Chains

*Consumer Comment: Information

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: yes they are fraud,

*Consumer Suggestion: LETS GET EM!

On July 31, 2006 in the morning I took my car into AAMCO Transmission service in Fremont for repair. Dave called and said it looks like it needs a new transmission and they would have to take it apart to see what parts were needed and that would cost 500.00 just to do that portion of the work. Dave said he would call with estimate by Tuesday afternoon.

When I did not hear from them by Tuesday evening I finally called them. They were not done yet. Dave finally called me on Wednesday 08/02/06 in the afternoon. They told it would cost 2000.00 to rebuild my transmission and it would be ready on the 4th. I did give permission to do the work.

I called Dave @ AAMCO on Monday 7 he informed they were finishing up the work and the technician was taking the car out for a test drive and he would call when it was ready. By Aug 09 I had not heard from him so drove down there on Thursday Aug 10 and saw my car just sitting there it did not look like the work had been done at all and Dave were surprised to see me. He said they were still working on it so I left.

I went on the net and found to who the Vice President of the shop was his name is Malik. I called and talked to Malik and he said they were having some scheduling problems and tech was still working on my car. So I went in and talked to Malik on Friday 8/11/06 along with a friend who works on cars.

When they saw me pull up they Drove my car to back of the lot. Malik, Danny my friend, and I sat and talked. Malik informed that Dave had some personal issue and that my car would ready on Monday evening. Malik called me on Friday evening and informed me it would not be ready until Monday because there was a problem with the censors and the censors were dealer parts and they were waiting for them to be delivered.

Monday afternoon I was called by Malik and he said they could not get the (used transmission to work on my Mercury Tracer and that they were just going to rebuild mine at the same cost of 1200.00) HUGE PROBLEM HERE MY CAR IS A MITSUBISHI GALLANT AND I WAS ALREADY QUOTED 2000.00 FOR A REBUILD TRANSMISSION.

I explained this to Malik and he said he would call back he had the wrong person

It is now the 15th of August and my car is still not done they informed yesterday evening that they are having problems with the electronic computer in my car. I want my car I have had enough.

I have spent 658.00 in a rental car. I have taken the time to call every AAMCO in the Bay area they all informed of the same thing. It takes 5 days to do this work. 2day to tear down the transmission find out the parts and 3 days to rebuild after permission is given.

On August 15 I filled out their email complaint form for their corporate office. On August 16 Judi at the corporate office called me back (800) 523-0401 ext 355 and I told her my issues she said she would contact them and find out what is going on. Dave @ the Fremont Aamco called and left a message on my cell phone that he had talked to her and he told her he would call me that is what he is doing and to have a for me to have a SUPER DAY!. No indication as to when my car will be ready.

I have called the corporate office several times a day all I get is a recording to leave a message. I called this morning and spoke to a Sunny @ ext 319 after the main operator transferred me. Her question to me was how did I get through and she could not help me because Judi was working on it and she did not want to give me the wrong information. I would have to wait for Judi to call me back and they do not know when that will be.

How do I get my car back? How do I know if they have rebuild the transmission? What are my rights? I do not want to have to pay 2000.00 and then turn around and have the work done properly by someone else. I had to take out a loan to get this done and it just seems to be getting worse by the day. 17 days and no resolution this just does not seem right.

Please help ME!!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth
HAYWARD, California

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Aamco Transmissions

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Transmission/Fremont-California-94536/Aamco-Transmission-ripoff-car-Transmission-never-rebuilt-Fremont-California-206580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Transmission

STAY AWAY!!

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

I agree with Richjarv , not all chains are ripoffs , but this ONE IS . STAY AWAY FROM ANY AAMCO !!!!!

under new management

AUTHOR: Mike Vossler - (U.S.A.)

Aamco of fremont is under new management for the last 2 years, and the employee addressed in this report was fired. dont know the exact story of what occurred, but if we can help in any way would be happy to do so.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Chains are not a rip off!

AUTHOR: Richjarv - (U.S.A.)

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Chains are not a rip off!

AUTHOR: Richjarv - (U.S.A.)

Being a chain does not make you a rip off artist. There are many good chain stores run by decent people. When it comes to automotive repair you should find a reputable shop that has the owner present in the day to day operation. Ask for references, check with the better business bureau, check court records for legal action then make your decision. Remember, cheap repairs and good repairs very rearly are the same. Quality has a price and you should be willing to pay it for a quality repair and expect to recieve quality when you get your vehicle back. No one is perfect and you may have a problem with a repair. If you do your auto repair center should be anxious to take care of you and get you back on the road, not put you off and deny responsibility. Keep in mind today's automobiles are very complex electronicly controlled pieces of equipment so look for certified technicians and accredited shops such as AAA etc. I am national chain automotive repair center with certified technicians, AAA approved(which means that I must have 90% or better customer satifaction verified by AAA), and a NAPA Auto Care Center(warranties at over 15,000 locations nationwide). Over 80% of all my business is repeat or referal. No, you should not stay away from Chains you should stay away from dishonest service providers

Stay Away From Chains

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

After reading your problems with Aamco, I was reminded of a "sting" operation several years ago of Aamco Transmissions.

Police took a "test" car and had it certified that there was nothing wrong with the transmission. Then they had one of their mechanics deliberately throw a part of it out of adjustment to make it act up. The car was then drive to some Aamco Transmission shops to see what they said. All of them said that the car needed a new transmission.

I've also heard a radio personality do commercials for Aamco, saying he took his car there and recommended it to all his friends. But he's being paid to say it.

My advice, is to stay away from chain transmission shops vs. a singly-owned shop as you're more likely to find an honest person there.

Tom
Lakewood, CA

Information

AUTHOR: Erick - (U.S.A.)

This sound like a classic case of repair shop not following the Beaurau of auto repairs rules and regulations. Call their toll free number for your area and they will investigate quickly and fairly. If they are de-frauding you, they will impose fines and legal action on them. They are your best help for auto repair problems that you can not get the shop todo any thing about.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

yes they are fraud,

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I worked for a aamco in ca and I know for a fact that they train their staff to do thesame thing to everyone. low ball quote and tow to get in the door then you have to pay lots of $$ or get it back in a BOX. I know MIKEL is starting a class action suit you should talk with him to see if you qualify. or at least a lawyer if nothing else. If this was a one time thing there might not be anything you could do but there is proof that this is StandARD BUSiness PRactice for AAMCO/ trans..mike_mantor at yahoo service with the coms are avail to help. aslo eight oh phife sayven threa twoe space space foaur twoe sixtx eightan i dope you can receive this and get yourself help from this fraud company good luck bless all.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

LETS GET EM!

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

LETS go get them same thing happened to me in ventura county california..
looks like same thing happening to everyone I want to get a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. AAMCO is FRUAD SIMPLE AS THAT
let me know..