Complaint Review: Aamco Transmissions & Total Car Care

• Updated: Wed, February 24, 2010

• Reported By: mrskbaugh — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Aamco Transmissions & Total Car Care
2228 N. Washington Avenue Sarasota, Florida United States of America

Aamco Transmissions & Total Car Care Holding car without permission Sarasota, Florida

Well, im going to try and make this sweet and simple to get every point across from my expeirence so far. Okay...so my husband and i just bought a truck a couple days ago and i guess there was something wrong with the tranny so the first place we found was Aamco off of Washington Avenue in Sarasota Florida. (By the way this JUST happened.) So we take his truck there at 3 PM...they say they will call us and tell us everything thats wrong with it....Wel we told them that we needed it back today cause its my husbands work truck and they told us that it will be done today..GREAT! Well, my husband gets a call around 4:15 from them saying whats wrong with it and my husband tells them not to fix anything and just do the tranny flush...okay....that was the last time we heard from them. My husband never got a call back saying his truck was ready or anything...so we decide to drive down there to see whats up...and guess what! THE SHOP IS CLOSED! Yay! NOTTTTT! No one answers the phone there. I come home hop online and all the numbers they have listed on thier website are all WRONG. So I decided to call the other shop on Clark Rd, and he's baffled. He gave me the shop number, called, no answer. He also gave me the Corporate number...well its just on repeat. So that was no good. So what do I do? Aamco had NO PERMISSION to keep my truck overnight, None whatsoever. We got no call saying it was ready, or anything. I am highly infuriated right now. I can't find anyones numbers to get ahold of anyone. I emailed them from the address they have listed on their website so i hope i get some kid of response. I dont know what to do. They basically have my truck against my say. My husband refuses to pay them now. I hope this ends well. i don't recommend this place to anyone.

Sarasota, Fl

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Transmissions-Total-Car-Care/Sarasota-Florida-34234/Aamco-Transmissions-Total-Car-Care-Holding-car-without-permission-Sarasota-Florida-574483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Transmissions & Total Car Care