Complaint Review: Aamco Transmissions

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:katy Texas
Aamco Transmissions
1150 Blalock Rd. Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Aamco Transmissions ripoff, hostage, sales pressure Houston Texas

i was quoted a price of 395.00 usd to remove my transmission to have a "better look" at the problem. This was done on a friday afternoon, Then on Monday was quoted 2750.00 to have their platinum service to repair the problem.

After i declined the repairs the manager told me that the couldnt guarantee that my car would run after RE-assembling the transmission. Insisting to have my transmission repaired at their shop - several sales attempts were done including having me finance through some creditor called colonial penn. I still kept on declining the offer. At last, their regional manager called me and gave me a quote of 1650.00 usd to repair my transmission. I still declined their offer. I then asked them AGAIN to reassemble my transmission and reinstall.

When asked when I would have my car back got the following response: WELL THERE ARE OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT WANT THEIR TRANSMISSION FIXED, YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT AT THE END OF THE LINE TO HAVE YOUR TRANSMISSION REASSEMBLED WITH DAMAGED PARTS.

I dont mind paying the 395.00 to get my car back BUT should have been informed that my car wouldnt be running the same after they broke down my transmission to take a beter look at it.

the manager was a young guy by the name of Joe Torres at this location. Very helpful and almost seemed to care. this guy turned out not to be helpful after I declined further services from Aamco.

Dont do business with this company.

Maui
katy, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-Transmissions/Houston-Texas-77055/Aamco-Transmissions-ripoff-hostage-sales-pressure-Houston-Texas-351784. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco Transmissions