Complaint Review: Aamco rockville maryland

• Reported By: ken — chestertown Maryland
Aamco rockville maryland
156 rockville pike rockville, Maryland USA

Aamco rockville maryland Keith I was an employee. rockville Maryland

*General Comment: I for one, thank you for your honesty.

Let me begin by saying "I'm sorry". I owned a transmission shop in Virginia for over ten years and not once did we rip anyone off! Sure  we had an ocassional unhappy customer but they were far and few between. When my wife and I divorced I moved to Maryland and I took a job offer at Aamco in Rockville.  They promised me a great base salary plus bonuses and a monthly comission. So I took the position of Center  Manager and went to work.what I saw was truly an eye opener! From the moment I sat behind the counter I was being yelled at by angry people I had never met before!

People wanting to know why their vehicles were still not ready,  why the bill was so much more than what they were told initially,  why is my car doing the same thing as when I brought I here 3 weeks ago! The owner, Keith and wife  Shila acted as if this was normal everyday business as usual!  Also they didn't even rebuild transmissions at this location, they paid other people to do the repairs. (Sometimes other aamco shops, sometimes just some guy they knew). Keith has a way of arguing with customers. He rarely loses becsuse he makes himself beleive he us really in the right. Even though before the customer shows up he knows he screwed up. It is amazing to watch this change.

A man brought in a Dodge disel Ram2500 diesel p/u with the complaint that he never drove a diesel truck before and didn't think that it was picking up speed fast enough. I drove this truck st least five times and found nothing wrong whatsoever. I scanned the computer and there were no codes present or in history. The fluid was red and did not smell bad. Keith then found out that the customer had an aftermarket warranty. He told the customer the the cystomer was right, that the truck was sluggish because the transmission was failing and would need to be replaced. That all the customer would need to do is pay his deductible and he would get a "new" transmission. Keith never even drove this truck! Later when I asked him about it he said "all transmissions are failing as soon ss they leave the factory". What a way to rationalize a rip off!

Another day a man csme in with a Mazda Tribte and said it was losing power. After diagnosing the vehicle we found that one of the catalyst converters was stopped up and need to be replaced. The msn was given a quote and the work began. Upon completion of the job Keith realized that he replaced the wrong one was replaced. So he then had his "mechanic" gut the bad converter! He never told the man. That my frrinds is a Federal Crime!  I quit the next week. How can these people sleep at night. I have a lot more to tell you but my breakfast is ready now. I'll be back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 05:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aamco-rockville-maryland/rockville-Maryland/Aamco-rockville-maryland-Keith-I-was-an-employee-rockville-Maryland-1078634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aamco rockville maryland

#1 General Comment

I for one, thank you for your honesty.

AUTHOR: MartyM - ()

Unfortunately there are more dishonest people than honest ones, but unfortunately for the bad guys there are people like you.  Good luck and God Bless.