Complaint Review: Aargon Agency Inc

• Submitted: Sun, February 21, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2012

• Reported By: Steve — Bradenton Florida U.S.A.
Aargon Agency Inc
3025 W. Sahara Ave Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Aargon Agency Inc Aargon Collection Agency Illegal and unethical collections practices, "re-aging" old debts, malicious innacurate credit reporting Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Dealing with the same issue on my credit report

This collection agency appears to be the newest player in junk debt collections!

I have been working on my credit over the past couple of years and have paid or made agreements to pay any valid, legally collectable debts in my name.

My Experian score was up to 720 with no active collections.

Last week, I check my credit online via my Identity Guard account, and it is still 720, then,I check it a couple days later to get some old account info, and it is now a 685!

I look into it and there it is! A collection account from "Aargon Agency" for $751! And, it gets better, they ILLEGALLY and UNETHICALLY "re-aged" the alleged debt as it shows a "date open" of 4/2009, but a "balance date" of 1/9/2010!

The problem here is that this "collection agency" has NEVER contacted me in any way to attempt to collect this "debt", but rather go straight to negative credit reporting.

FYI...All of my contact information is on my credit report, and has been for several years. If they had the information they needed to make this negative entry, they had the info needed to contact me first!

This is a perfect example of  unethical collections activity, and the re-aging is illegal.

It is now time to educate yet one more bottomfeeder.

Time to file the lawsuit and get paid, as this is a slam dunk! They have violated FDCPA rules as well as FCRA rules, and also opened themselves up to liability for my civil damages for the damage to my credit score they caused.

If anyone has had dealings with these lowlife, please post here, and also post on budhibbs.com, as I am doing that next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2010 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aargon-Agency-Inc/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89102/Aargon-Agency-Inc-Aargon-Collection-Agency-Illegal-and-unethical-collections-practices-r-572624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aargon Agency Inc

Dealing with the same issue on my credit report

AUTHOR: nunu30 - (United States of America)

FIRST, I would like to THANK YOU for this information.  I am dealing with the same exact thing, in which I realized that they negatively placed a bad debt on my credit report as well and stated that it was new as of 11/2011, which is very INCORRECT!!!!! I believe I will be doing the EXACT THING here in Arkansas.... So I think they should get ready for this because I will be paying the $140 because it will pay off in the long run, I am very disgusted with this company currently!!!!!!!